Friday, September 12, 2008

Season of Change

WOW!! What a great book! I highly recommend this book to anyone parenting a middle schooler! I read this book while I patiently waited to find out if I was going to be selected to serve as a Juror. Which, by the way, if you notice from my previous post, my summons to Jury Duty came just as we were beginning to prepare for our Election Unity Study. Ya think God had his hand in this one?!!
Anyhow, back to this awesome book! I felt as if I knew Rebecca Powell personally. Every time she referenced her life as a middle schooler, it was as if I was right there with her! Right from the desire to own your own telephone line in your own bedroom! We must be the same age!
She has a wonderful way of inviting parents to get deeply involved with our kids during this crucial time!
I can't wait to begin her book, "Wise Up! Experience the Power of Proverbs" with my daughter!
Oh, if you have a chance follow her link to her daughter's my space page where she wrote a beautiful song called "Hey Miley". I immediately had my daughter listen to it!

0 comments: