Friday, January 9, 2009

SURPRISE

Look what popped up in my mailbox yesterday! After spending the morning schooling and the afternoon with my daughters at dance, I came home and found this book laying on my counter. I asked my husband, who had just gotten home from work, where it came from. He told me it was in the mailbox. I asked him if it had a note attached or was it wrapped, since I occasionally use paperback swaps to trade some of my books. He said, "no, it was in the mailbox just like that". So, I started wondering who would put a book in my mailbox and not leave me a note or call me and let me know they had left it? I called the only two people I thought could have done this, my sister or my friend Joelle. They each said no. So, my second guess would me my mother, which I highly doubt, since she is totally against the whole homeschooling thing. However, I did ask her and she of course said no. After awhile, I gave up guessing and decided I would just read the book. When I opened it to the author's personal note, I thought, okay, this is too weird, whoever left me this book most have had some instinct to how I had been feeling.
I was feeling doubtful and questioning our reasons for homeschooling the girls. What was I thinking? What if we made a mistake by pulling them from school? What if I can't give them what they need to get into college? Why did we even pull them out to begin with? I was loosing my motivation and feeling overwhelmed.
After much re-assuring from my wonderful husband and much prayer. I receive this book in my mailbox. I felt like the author, Mary Hood, Ph.D had written this book, The Joyful Home Schooler, about me for me! Everything she talks about in this book, at sometime or another, I have questioned. I love this book! I have not been able to put the book down! I can't help but think that this book was sent directly to me from above! It is amazing how God answers our prayers!
So, if you are homeschooling your children and are in need of motivation and re-assurance that are doing God's will, then I highly recommend this book to you. I hope that you would enjoy it as much as I am. I can't wait to read more of her books!

0 comments: