Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Pretty Bad

This is pretty bad! I just noticed that I have not posted on my blog since April! Not that many people would notice. LOL!!! I guess I have been pretty busy. Lets see, I have worked on our home school yearbook, which did not turn out anywhere near as nice as we were hoping for, so that’s a do over! I have worked on costumes for our Drama Clubs production of the Lion King and Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. I have attended a home school convention in Orlando, Florida. We took a family road trip to Marshall, Missouri for a family wedding. I did read a great book by Florence Morse Kingsley, “Titus a Comrade of the Cross”. Great book, the story of Titus, one of the other persons on the cross next to Jesus; this historical fiction also retells the story and betrayal of Jesus by Judas. I am currently in Orlando, Florida where my daughters are attending their annual SeaWorld Camp. Only this time, my oldest is attending the sleep away camp. This is the first time, she will be away from me for more than a few days. I hope I can cope!! I know she will be fine and that God will watch over her and keep her safe, I only pray she will room with someone that has her same kindness and values. As a parent, you work so hard to protect and shield her from all the cruelties of the world and the thought of someone trying to destroy what you have instilled in your children for so long is unnerving. I can rest asured that we have given her a strong foundation in her belief in God to make wise choices and to always pray for guidence and wisdom. So I hang fast to one of my favorite verses...Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it. -Proverbs 22:6

1 comments:

Lavelle Luague said...

Many thanks! You frequently write very interesting articles. You improved my mood.